Tuesday 10 February 2009

All in a Day's Work

Tags
I put a name tag on each of the dogs I walk (and am considering asking cat owners to do the same if they allow them out while I am looking after them), and to make sure I don't end up with no fingernails, I use a small carabiner for easy but secure clipping and a waterproof capsule with my details inside.

I like the capsules, because they are a reasonable enough size that in an emergency anyone can see there is something on the dog (I like them so much I am considering dumping my dogs' metal tags and using them on mine) without them being too annoying for the dog, and the size means I usually remember to remove them when I go home. It doesn't matter if they get dragged through water and they are sturdy enough not to be flicked off by bushes and branches. And with the new 'fashion' for really thick metal bars on collars, there is no risk of a split ring being bent out of shape and working free.

It works for most of the dogs I walk.

Just not for Max.



Toilet
Sometimes I arrive a little later than planned. Brentwood has two roads closed right in the middle of the busy high street (which is also a 'short cut' when the A12, A127 and/or M25 is causing problems - and I live the other side of it from all my customers) and there is so much housebuilding going on there are temporary traffic lights popping up all over the place. It's all delays, and they spring up overnight so sometimes it can take me a little longer to get around town than expected.

I felt really guilty when I saw how much Benson needed the loo today...


Anyone got a mop?