Monday 7 September 2009

Dogs & Cats, Loved Like My Own

Puppies

My famous and elusive Puppy Package will be available again from 14th September. I have one weekly space, and may also have space for a part-timer, so please do contact me if you have just taken on a new puppy or are waiting to bring one home. Typically these spaces are filled within two weeks of advertising, often sooner, so don't delay! One week's deposit will secure your space if you won't need me to start for a few weeks.

Thanks again for giving Pongo such a great start in life.
Tina F., crossbreed

Dog Walking

I walk dogs in small groups of three or four. Your dog is important to me, and walks of this size allow each dog to benefit from being with their own species while still having time for personal attention from me.


Walks are usually for one hour. 50 minutes is 'walking' time, which includes sniffing (each other, me, bushes, unidentifiable 'things') toilet time, meeting other park users, playing chase with each other when safe, playing hide and seek with me or for titbits & toys, learning to come back to me when cued and leaving things alone when asked. I try to find something for each dog to do that stimulates its natural instincts in an appropriate and healthy way. Walking happens in between these activities.

The remaining 10 minutes is spent at the van having a drink and a biscuit (for me as well as the dogs!). Then having mud, water and bits of plants removed as best we can before being driven home for a well deserved snooze.

Walks available, part time only
60 minutes, breakfast
60 minutes, lunchtime
30 minutes, lunchtime
Teatime walks are always available.

I try to squeeze as much as possible into all the walks, but the shorter walk means we can't do so many activities so they are limited to three dogs only.

Solo or 'training' walks are only available 'off peak' after 3pm.

I would highly recommend Linda as an excellent professional who has a genuine love of dogs. We will definitely use Linda again and feel very lucky to have found someone to care for our dog when we are unable to.
Susie S., Old English Sheepdog


Dog Boarding

Summer holidays are over, but I am taking boarding bookings for October Half term and will soon be opening my books for Christmas/New Year bookings. Most of my bookings now are for weekends only, so if you want a full week please get in touch as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Dogs are loved and cared for as if they were part of my family. They do everything we do, daily walks, fun and games, tidying their rooms, cuddles, a good brush every day, and the run of the ground floor. The garden is always available when I am at home.

Reliable, trustworthy service that cares about the pet.
Attricia A., Miniature Dachshund


Cat Sitting

I do a lot for dogs, but I love cats too. If you are going away and want to be sure your cats are fed, and are around to eat the food! give me a call. I will look after indoor or outdoor cats, empty litter trays, feed, play, cuddle and clear up any wildlife I find.

Outdoor cats will need to wear a collar and identity tag while I am caring for them.


I cannot bring cats into my own home, but I will give them as much attention as you would like. Normally two half hour visits per day, but I can do more, or less if it's only a short break.

Reliable, trustworthy and caring. What more could you want?
Marian K., Phoebe, Alfie & Marley