Tuesday 26 May 2009

(Ab)Using the Local Media

When I got my domestic dog boarding licence in February, I was very proud to be the first dog walker in Brentwood to gain such a licence. Finally, a complete service for local dogs, a home from home with someone they know.

So excited was I that I sent a press release to a few local papers. Today a little piece, and a photo of myself, Fred, Scarlet and Max appeared.



If you want to read the article, click the image, it's large enough to read. I'm very pleased with it, although vanity says it would have been nice to look awake in the photo!

I have since found out there are plenty of dog walkers in the local area who take in boarders. They're just doing it unlicenced, and therefore illegally and potentially uninsured.

I'm still proud of my licence.