Friday 25 March 2011

Searching, searching, searching

On my week off I've been in Hertfordshire with my dog Fred learning yet more games to play - tracking and trailing as I did in India, so now I'm looking for a couple of dogs to come with me to a Network Scout event to get those Scouts up and moving and laying tracks, hiding in the woods and murdering people and hiding body parts in fields.

That last bit we may have to simulate with rancid pork! Whoever said dog training had to be boring?

Let me know if you want more information or have a few hours spare on a Tuesday night. I promise it is getting warmer out there in the evenings.

I've also signed up for geocaching. This is like a treasure hunt, where all over the world people have hidden caches - anything from a large box filled with treasure, to teeny tiny containers holding just a strip of paper to note down your name to say 'I found this!'. I'm hoping it will introduce me to new places to walk the dogs, but fear I already know all the best places for fun and games. The best bit is that the dogs help me find the caches - as they're all encouraged to tell me if they find something lying on the ground (you never know they might find a £20 note!) they know to help me search for anything with human scent on it.