Saturday 9 October 2010

Dogs with Jobs

In days of yore all dogs had a job, even if it was just to keep your feet warm. Our dogs today are very pampered, and mostly want for nothing. But this is the equivalent of a person sitting on the couch all day watching television. It might be okay as a treat, but every day it's not going to do you any good.

My Fred has lots of jobs - perhaps not as satisfying as the job his breed was bred for, but at least he's occupied in a good way. My favourite is fetching printing from the printer (so that I don't have to get up from the couch, d'y'see?).

Photo quality is appalling, but you try taking a photo of a moving terrier when he's got places to go and things to do!

Waiting patiently for the paper to pop out. The printer waking up is his cue to go and wait. 
 On his way to deliver...


Here it is Mum! Aren't I a good boy?


So, now you know. If you get a letter from me and it's a bit crinkled at one edge, Fred's been working as hard as I have.