Friday 20 February 2009

Horses for Courses

Only without the horses.

This week while I've been off work I've done a couple of business courses. One included some information about marketing, which was REALLY useful, and I will be getting my website updated in the near future (and possibly going on a dedicated marketing course).

One of the things that came out was to put myself in my customers heads and really think about what is important to THEM rather than ME. I thought I was already doing this, as I am a pet owner, but gave it a go anyway, and then asked my pet owning friends on Facebook for their top three important things when looking for a dog walker/pet sitter.

Obviously I can't go into detail about my trade secrets, but my number 1 benefit is so far running at number 2, while my number 4 is topping the charts at number 1! So it's been a useful exercise.

I'd be very interested to hear what anyone else thinks are the three most important things